Double Jeu Out Today/Puppy!

by Jeff Abbott on March 19, 2009

The French edition of COLLISION (aka RUN in the UK) is out today: DOUBLE JEU (Double Game) hits stores in France, Belgium, and Switzerland. I hope my French-speaking readers enjoy it and thanks again for your tremendous support in making my other books bestsellers in French translation. And don’t forget, I have a French web site for my books here.

In other news: today is our puppy’s first birthday. Which means he is no longer a puppy. I am sure that today we will see a new level of maturity and responsibility from him. He is probably thinking about his future, what he wants to do with his life. Chasing squirrels he will never catch, playing with my kids, curling up under my desk while I’m writing, barking at joggers, ¬†putting back those massive Corgi ears so he can have his head rubbed. With all the strife and trouble in the world, it never ceases to amaze me how much happiness a pup can bring you. Here’s his puppy picture the day we got him. Happy Birthday!
2ndKai.jpg

Kristan March 19, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Aaww, too cute! Although if he’s anything like my Jack Russell/Border Collie (Riley), then you’re in for a LOT more puppy-dom, despite the birthday.

Meg Gardiner March 20, 2009 at 2:31 am

Yes, now that he’s one, and mature, you can reason with him. Sit him down and explain where all those squirrels he’s chasing disappear to when they run behind a tree.
    All right, I know it will never work. My Labrador has no concept of “up” either.

robena grant March 20, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Those ears are humongous! But so cute. Love Corgi’s. I have an Akita and when she was a pup we used to wonder if she’d ever grow into her paws. She’s now huge at almost 100lbs and the paws look small.

Angela K. Nickerson March 20, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Puppy birthdays are the best!
    Happy birthday, Puppy!
    (Personally, though, I think they are puppies until they hit at least 4 years old… at least that’s what my 2 year old Cocker keeps telling me.)

Alex Moore March 20, 2009 at 5:34 pm

what a darling! i’m sure his energy and unconditional love are just two of many endearing qualities. hope he gets a happy birthday bone :)

Sue March 23, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Canine Cuteness! HAPPY BIRTHDAY.